Monday, August 16, 2010

biking in the rain

I left gothenburg by bike at about 8:30 pm. It was a late start but I knew that the bike path had no vehicle traffic. I only made it about 16 km south where I camped on a little island in the north sea called stora amunda. Took me a while to fall asleep but eventually wass able to get a solid nights sleep.

I did, however, wake up to a downpour. I got rained on a lot of the ride today.
I made it to Verbaggen at about 9pm. 80 km (About 50 miles) I was hoping to make it to Varberg tonight where I could catch a train to copenhagen but I stayed too long in kungsbacka (pronounced koons-bock-yuh). Very cool little town 20 km south of gothenburg. Ate a nice lunch, used the internet and charged my phone at the library, and got some snacks for the ride. Just when I was starting to cramp up and I lost the cycle path I had been on, I got a flat tire. But it was getting dark anyway and I had luckily just entered a small town with a sporting goods store- Crisis averted. I really enjoyed the ride today and am getting excited to see copenhagen and germany. And of course be with someone I know. I will be sad to leave Sweden though. This country is pretty badass. The girls are absolutelt gorgeous!!. Kinda expensive though.

No comments:

Post a Comment