Wednesday, August 18, 2010

short stay in copenhagen

I was a little overwelmed when I arrived in denmark and all bike shops were closed (could not fix my flat) and hostels were full. I had not heard from any couchsurfers yet either. I started to get a bit frustrated dragging my wound bike along. I could not go in to any bar for long for fear my bags would be stolen in the heart of this huge city. I decided to give a hostel a try anyway. After initially telling me thay were completely full I started asking about other options- camping like a hobo in the park, paying 2000 danish krowns for a hotel room, or walking a few miles to a campground. The man at the hotel decided to do some research (which involved him flipping through multiple binders and lists of some sort) and found me a bed. A petty 175 krowns for a place to store my bike and get a much needed shower. Crisis averted. I wandered the city until about 1. I saw a guy on a bike get hit by a taxi (he was fine), learned a new pool game with 3 balls and mini bowling pins and scoped lots of beautiful ladies.

In the morning I fixed my bike and bought a train ticket to Dusseldorf. Which I am on now. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment