Tuesday, August 17, 2010

heading south

Just as the sun wasd beginning to set and I started to cramp up pretty bad I heard the dreaded hiss and a small gurgling noise from the wet road below. I had acquired a small hole in my tire. This made my decision to not continue on to Varberg an easy one.

After talking to a few locals I set up camp in the grass outside the only shop that sells bike equip. in this small farming town called Veddige.
I woke up to rain once again. After waiting it out I went in to buy a new tube (I know I should have already had one, shut up). But unfortunately they did not have any that fit my bike (only 2 to choose from). I discovered that my patch kit was all out of glue. However, I did find this spray stuff that fills your tire with foam and plugs the holes. I used it to fill the tire but when I pulled the hose off of the valve foam shot EVERYWHERE like a mentos and coke bomb! Very lame. No biking for me today for sure.

After some research I raced to the train station to catch a train to Varberg. When I got to the station it was already there so I decided to just jump on and see what happens haha. I was able to buy a ticket on the train luckily. Then I was talking to a lady who was transferring to a train to Copenhagen 10 mins after our arrival to Verberg. Just enough time for me to buy a ticket. And that's where I am now- on the train to Copenhagen. Sweet. Crisis averted once again.


Holy shit I stink!

No comments:

Post a Comment